Memorable Quotes
"The Force will be with you. Always."
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life-form?"
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
"So uncivilized."
Obi-Wan: "Still, even a duck has to be taught to swim."
Luke: "What's a duck?"
Obi-Wan: "Never mind."
Obi-Wan: "Quinlan, where's my starfighter?"
Quinlan: "Had to blow it up to keep it from falling into Skorr's hands. A good Jedi doesn't need possessions anyway."
Obi-Wan: "You have your ship!"
Quinlan: "Yeah, but I'm not a very good Jedi, am I?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, that's the second starfighter I've lost in as many days!"
Quinlan: "Good thing you didn't form attachments to them."
Obi-Wan: "Be quiet."
A-98: "Are you Jedi as good with blasters as you are with lightsabers?"
Obi-Wan: "Better. We only use lightsabers to make fights more equitable."
"I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you."
Luke: "Then I am alone. I am the last of the Jedi."
Obi-Wan: "Not the last of the old Jedi, Luke. The first of the new."
Qui-Gon: "Do you hear that?"
Jar Jar: "Yah."
Qui-Gon: "That is the sound of a thousand terrible things heading this way."
Obi-Wan: "If they find us, they will crush us, grind us into tiny pieces, and blast us into oblivion."
Anakin: "All right, but you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time."
Obi-Wan: "Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't... doesn't count."
"Not to worry... we are still flying half a ship."
Obi-Wan: "I think you know in your heart that you're meant for something extraordinary."
Anakin: "And you, Master. What does your heart tell you you're meant for?"
Obi-Wan: "Infinite sadness."
"Oh, well. Just another boring day saving the universe."
"Yes, I did sit down and talk surrender terms with Loathsom, over a cup of tarine tea. He became most ungentlemanly when he realized it was his surrender we were talking about. Have these people no manners? He didn't even offer me a sweet-sand cookie."
"I have a bad feeling about this."
Luminara: "I thought I told you not to follow me, Master Kenobi."
Obi-Wan: "Yes, well, I took a lesson from Anakin and decided not to follow orders."
Anakin: "Hey!"
Padmé: "Politics is an ancient and noble calling. Without politicians our societies would descend into anarchy and chaos."
Obi-Wan: "I thought they'd done that already. It certainly looked that way the last time I was in the Senate."
Padmé: "I'm not claiming the system is perfect. Obviously there's room for improvement, when—"
Obi-Wan: "A great deal of room, yes. Enough room to house about a dozen Republic warships, I'd say. Possibly two dozen. Maybe three."
Satine: "Where exactly are you?"
Obi-Wan: "Listen for the loud, metallic clanging sound. That would be the machine about to smash me into bits."
Obi-Wan: "You seem to be suggesting that I take unnecessary risks. I can't agree. I only ever do what I feel is right."
Yularen: "And rarely stop to think of the personal consequences. You and Skywalker are cut from the same cloth. And that little Padawan of his—she's been fashioned out of the discarded material!"
Anakin: "Why do you even ask for my opinion? You never do things my way."
Obi-Wan: "We crashed the ship your way."
Anakin: "So far you've accounted for a speeder bike, a starship, and now a groundcar. If you're not careful you're going to get a reputation."
Obi-Wan: "I reject your hypothesis. I did not wreck the speeder bike, it was blown up by a bomb. And the Sith crashed Bail's starship, not me. As for this groundcar, well, technically speaking I'm merely a passenger. So clearly I bear no responsibility at all."
Anakin: "Admit it. You're a common denominator, Master Kenobi."
Obi-Wan: "Alas. That is sad but true. Perhaps I should smuggle myself onto Grievous's flagship. After all, what's the point in having the mystical power to crash flying machines if one isn't prepared to use it in a good cause?"
"And now, farewell. I loved you as a son, and as a student, and as a friend. Until we meet again, may the Force be with you."
Bail: "All I'm saying is don't let having the Force in your arsenal lull you into a false sense of security. Don't get into the habit of taking more credits from your bank account than you put in."
Obi-Wan: "Jedi don't have bank accounts."
Obi-Wan: "So is this the point where we start falling instead of flying?"
Anakin: "Yeah. I think it is."
Obi-Wan: "Wonderful. Well, at least turn on the headlights. It seems a pity not to see death rushing to meet us."
Anakin: "Are you thinking that's our way in?"
Obi-Wan: "It's risky. If it doesn't work, we're almost certainly dead."
Anakin: "So—same old, same old?"
Anakin: "Such drama."
Obi-Wan: "No mind tricks."
Anakin: "Spoilsport."
"Missions are not about winning and losing. They are about leaving good behind."
Obi-Wan: "So much for thank-yous."
Qui-Gon: "He is still worried about his son. He hides his fear well."
Obi-Wan: "He hides his manners better."
"I think that's how it is with fathers. You don't always understand them, but when they are gone, you miss them. And you suddenly realize how urgent it is that you honor their memory."
"Anakin, the most difficult trial a Jedi must face is to look inside oneself. Often we see things we don't like, but these aspects are not set in stone. It is our decisions that shape our destinies."
Anakin: "Are you coming, Master?"
Obi-Wan: "Oh, no. I'm not brave enough for politics."
Qui-Gon: "You bore all the responsibility for what happened. You went over and over your mistakes. You must know this, Obi-Wan—it is Anakin who chose to turn to the dark side. Grief did not push him there. You did not push him there. He made the choice."
Obi-Wan: "There were so many things I should have seen. So many places I should have corrected him."
Qui-Gon: "Yes. But you must accept your regret the way you accept your mistakes. Then move on."
Obi-Wan: "Someone told me that once, long ago."
Qui-Gon: "Pity you didn't listen."
Qui-Gon: "Don't center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs."
Obi-Wan: "But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future."
Qui-Gon: "But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, young Padawan."
Qui-Gon: "What did we learn while we were at UniFy?"
Obi-Wan: "I didn't learn anything except that people who work for companies send too many memos."
Obi-Wan: "Do not defy the Council, Master, not again."
Qui-Gon: "I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan."
"I cannot pay you. As compensation, I can only offer the freedom of your planet; I hope that will suffice."
"Patience. Use the Force. Think."
"There is a secret to the warrior arts. One that has nothing to do with training. Nothing to do with fancy movements. It is the willingness to trade lives with your enemy. To never fight for anything you would not die for. Those who fight for glory, or gold, or power, stand on shifting sand, not the bedrock of true courage."
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
Satine: "I suppose we're even now."
Obi-Wan: "Oh, how so?"
Satine: "I saved your life. You saved mine."
Obi-Wan: "Yes, well, mine was the more daring of the two rescues."
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life-form?"
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
"So uncivilized."
Obi-Wan: "Still, even a duck has to be taught to swim."
Luke: "What's a duck?"
Obi-Wan: "Never mind."
Obi-Wan: "Quinlan, where's my starfighter?"
Quinlan: "Had to blow it up to keep it from falling into Skorr's hands. A good Jedi doesn't need possessions anyway."
Obi-Wan: "You have your ship!"
Quinlan: "Yeah, but I'm not a very good Jedi, am I?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, that's the second starfighter I've lost in as many days!"
Quinlan: "Good thing you didn't form attachments to them."
Obi-Wan: "Be quiet."
A-98: "Are you Jedi as good with blasters as you are with lightsabers?"
Obi-Wan: "Better. We only use lightsabers to make fights more equitable."
"I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you."
Luke: "Then I am alone. I am the last of the Jedi."
Obi-Wan: "Not the last of the old Jedi, Luke. The first of the new."
Qui-Gon: "Do you hear that?"
Jar Jar: "Yah."
Qui-Gon: "That is the sound of a thousand terrible things heading this way."
Obi-Wan: "If they find us, they will crush us, grind us into tiny pieces, and blast us into oblivion."
Anakin: "All right, but you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time."
Obi-Wan: "Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't... doesn't count."
"Not to worry... we are still flying half a ship."
Obi-Wan: "I think you know in your heart that you're meant for something extraordinary."
Anakin: "And you, Master. What does your heart tell you you're meant for?"
Obi-Wan: "Infinite sadness."
"Oh, well. Just another boring day saving the universe."
"Yes, I did sit down and talk surrender terms with Loathsom, over a cup of tarine tea. He became most ungentlemanly when he realized it was his surrender we were talking about. Have these people no manners? He didn't even offer me a sweet-sand cookie."
"I have a bad feeling about this."
Luminara: "I thought I told you not to follow me, Master Kenobi."
Obi-Wan: "Yes, well, I took a lesson from Anakin and decided not to follow orders."
Anakin: "Hey!"
Padmé: "Politics is an ancient and noble calling. Without politicians our societies would descend into anarchy and chaos."
Obi-Wan: "I thought they'd done that already. It certainly looked that way the last time I was in the Senate."
Padmé: "I'm not claiming the system is perfect. Obviously there's room for improvement, when—"
Obi-Wan: "A great deal of room, yes. Enough room to house about a dozen Republic warships, I'd say. Possibly two dozen. Maybe three."
Satine: "Where exactly are you?"
Obi-Wan: "Listen for the loud, metallic clanging sound. That would be the machine about to smash me into bits."
Obi-Wan: "You seem to be suggesting that I take unnecessary risks. I can't agree. I only ever do what I feel is right."
Yularen: "And rarely stop to think of the personal consequences. You and Skywalker are cut from the same cloth. And that little Padawan of his—she's been fashioned out of the discarded material!"
Anakin: "Why do you even ask for my opinion? You never do things my way."
Obi-Wan: "We crashed the ship your way."
Anakin: "So far you've accounted for a speeder bike, a starship, and now a groundcar. If you're not careful you're going to get a reputation."
Obi-Wan: "I reject your hypothesis. I did not wreck the speeder bike, it was blown up by a bomb. And the Sith crashed Bail's starship, not me. As for this groundcar, well, technically speaking I'm merely a passenger. So clearly I bear no responsibility at all."
Anakin: "Admit it. You're a common denominator, Master Kenobi."
Obi-Wan: "Alas. That is sad but true. Perhaps I should smuggle myself onto Grievous's flagship. After all, what's the point in having the mystical power to crash flying machines if one isn't prepared to use it in a good cause?"
"And now, farewell. I loved you as a son, and as a student, and as a friend. Until we meet again, may the Force be with you."
Bail: "All I'm saying is don't let having the Force in your arsenal lull you into a false sense of security. Don't get into the habit of taking more credits from your bank account than you put in."
Obi-Wan: "Jedi don't have bank accounts."
Obi-Wan: "So is this the point where we start falling instead of flying?"
Anakin: "Yeah. I think it is."
Obi-Wan: "Wonderful. Well, at least turn on the headlights. It seems a pity not to see death rushing to meet us."
Anakin: "Are you thinking that's our way in?"
Obi-Wan: "It's risky. If it doesn't work, we're almost certainly dead."
Anakin: "So—same old, same old?"
Anakin: "Such drama."
Obi-Wan: "No mind tricks."
Anakin: "Spoilsport."
"Missions are not about winning and losing. They are about leaving good behind."
Obi-Wan: "So much for thank-yous."
Qui-Gon: "He is still worried about his son. He hides his fear well."
Obi-Wan: "He hides his manners better."
"I think that's how it is with fathers. You don't always understand them, but when they are gone, you miss them. And you suddenly realize how urgent it is that you honor their memory."
"Anakin, the most difficult trial a Jedi must face is to look inside oneself. Often we see things we don't like, but these aspects are not set in stone. It is our decisions that shape our destinies."
Anakin: "Are you coming, Master?"
Obi-Wan: "Oh, no. I'm not brave enough for politics."
Qui-Gon: "You bore all the responsibility for what happened. You went over and over your mistakes. You must know this, Obi-Wan—it is Anakin who chose to turn to the dark side. Grief did not push him there. You did not push him there. He made the choice."
Obi-Wan: "There were so many things I should have seen. So many places I should have corrected him."
Qui-Gon: "Yes. But you must accept your regret the way you accept your mistakes. Then move on."
Obi-Wan: "Someone told me that once, long ago."
Qui-Gon: "Pity you didn't listen."
Qui-Gon: "Don't center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs."
Obi-Wan: "But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future."
Qui-Gon: "But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, young Padawan."
Qui-Gon: "What did we learn while we were at UniFy?"
Obi-Wan: "I didn't learn anything except that people who work for companies send too many memos."
Obi-Wan: "Do not defy the Council, Master, not again."
Qui-Gon: "I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan."
"I cannot pay you. As compensation, I can only offer the freedom of your planet; I hope that will suffice."
"Patience. Use the Force. Think."
"There is a secret to the warrior arts. One that has nothing to do with training. Nothing to do with fancy movements. It is the willingness to trade lives with your enemy. To never fight for anything you would not die for. Those who fight for glory, or gold, or power, stand on shifting sand, not the bedrock of true courage."
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
Satine: "I suppose we're even now."
Obi-Wan: "Oh, how so?"
Satine: "I saved your life. You saved mine."
Obi-Wan: "Yes, well, mine was the more daring of the two rescues."
